Kam Keene is a former prosecutor and award-winning attorney with a reputation for exceptional work both in the courtroom and at the negotiating table. He represents clients in felony and misdemeanor cases throughout Northwest Georgia, including armed robbery, DUI, homicide, drug possession and distribution, assault and battery, larceny, domestic violence, and other serious legal matters.
Kam believes his experience as an Assistant Solicitor-General in Cherokee County provides an excellent foundation and unique perspective into how cases are handled by prosecutors.
“In law, there are few advantages more significant than knowing how the other side views a case as well as the strategies and techniques they are likely to employ. Often times, producing a positive result for a client comes down to knowing what the other side is worried about and then leveraging that to favorably resolve the case.” – Kam Keene
Kam earned his Juris Doctor from the Louisiana State University Paul M. Hebert Law Center after completing his Bachelor of Arts at Penn State. He has been named to the list of Legal Elite by Georgia Trend Magazine for five consecutive years – an honor based entirely on the voting of other attorneys – and has been selected as a Rising Star by Thomson Reuters in 2023 and 2024. Kam has appeared on CourtTV as an expert commentator in a high-profile death penalty case and is an active member of the State Bar of Georgia and Cherokee County Bar Association.
When not practicing law, Kam enjoys weightlifting, jiu-jitsu, college football, and spending time with his family.
Areas of Practice
- Georgia & Federal Criminal Defense
- DUI Defense
- Personal Injury Law
- Constitutional Law
Honors & Awards
- Legal Elite, Georgia Trend Magazine, 2019-23
- Rising Star, Georgia Super Lawyers, Thomson Reuters, 2023-24
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award for Achievement in the Juvenile Defense Clinic
- Assistant Solicitor-General, Office of the Solicitor-General of Cherokee County, Georgia
- Office of the District Attorney for the 19th Judicial District- East Baton Rouge Parish, Louisiana
- Office of the District Attorney of Luzerne County- Wilkes Barre, Pennsylvania
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- Court of Appeals of Georgia
- United States District Court – Northern District of Georgia
- Louisiana State University – Paul M. Hebert Law Center, J.D. and D.C.L. (Graduate Diploma in Comparative Law)
- Pennsylvania State University, B.A.
- State Bar of Georgia
- Cherokee County Bar Association
- Canton pizzeria owner, 2 sons explain why they forcefully removed customer, Fox5 Atlanta, May 21, 2021
- Guest Commentator, Death Penalty Verdict: FL v. Sievers, Court TV, December 10, 2019