Alejandra Mejia represents clients in a wide range of family law matters including divorce, child custody and support, domestic violence, spousal support, and equitable distribution proceedings.
A graduate of Emory University School of Law, Alejandra brings a passion and commitment to achieving client goals, while maintaining civility and professionalism in the practice of law.
Prior to joining J. M. Heller, Attorney at Law, P.C., Alejandra worked as an attorney at a well-known large family law firm. She also interned at the Brazilian Consulate of Atlanta and completed coursework at Oxford University in England.
Alejandra is a native Spanish speaker and served as Vice President of Emory Law School’s Immigration Law Society. She has traveled to over 20 countries, including Colombia, Portugal, Spain, France, Italy, Germany, and Belgium.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- Child Custody & Support
Honors & Awards
- Legal Elite, Georgia Trend Magazine
- Emory University School of Law, J.D.
- Staff Editor, Journal of Law and Religion
- Vice President, Immigration Law Society
- University of Georgia, B.A.
- Recipient, Global Leadership Certificate
- State Bar of Georgia
- Attorney, Meriwether & Tharp, LLC
- Intern, Brazilian Consulate of Atlanta
- Intern, Georgia Legal Services, Gainesville Office
- Intern, Atlanta Legal Aid, Gwinnett Office